World's most powerful spyware
Pegasus is spyware that was developed by an Israeli-based cyber intelligence and security firm NSO Group. The spyware, believed to have been around at least since 2016, was earlier known as Q Suite and Trident.
The Pegasus spyware is considered to be among the most sophisticated phone-hacking tool ever. Cyber experts say that the spyware can infiltrate iOS, Apple’s mobile phone operating system, and Android devices.
How Pegasus Work's
It can Harm your privacy-
- Pegasus can be installed on a phone through vulnerabilities in common apps.
- The spyware can be installed by tricking a target into clicking a malicious link.
- These links can be forwarded through SMS messages, WhatsApp, or even iMessage on Apple devices.
- According to reports, the latest version of the spyware can be installed even via a missed call.
What happens once the spyware enters your phone-
- Once it enters the phone, the Pegasus spyware can provide complete remote control to the client.
- Once it gains access after entering the phone, Pegasus can harvest more or less any information or extract any file.
- This enables the spyware to access all personal data, including Whatsapp conversations, emails, SMS, and any data on the phone.
- The spyware also allows the client to record a target phone’s call conversations and video calls.
- The spyware can activate the camera and microphone and enable GPS data to access the location of the target phone.
- The Forensic reports on the use of spyware also suggest that it can download photos and videos from the target phone.
- The software can even target most security-conscious mobile phone users.
- Experts say the recent versions of the spyware can even get access to deleted files or temporary memory.
How to Stay Safe
How to Stay Safe-
- Don’t install any APK from outside
- Use VPN if you are connected with public Wi-Fi
- Keep your phone updated
- Send disappearing messages